Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ultrasound #1= Happy x2?

So yay! Our first ultrasound was today and all looked great! We do have a funny story about it though! So we could see my uterus on the screen and we definitely saw one sac, pole and blob. We saw the fluttering and I asked if that was the heartbeat and she said yes. She lingered on that for a while and said she'd come back to that. So she finishes up my other measurements (my ovaries are slightly enlarged still, so they will keep an eye on that to make sure they go down in the next few weeks) and as she's doing that she say she has a surprise for us...
So I ask if it's a good surprise and she said absolutely- "I think you've got identical twins in there because I saw 2 heartbeats!" Well wow! That would be something because the chances of us having identical twins are as rare as anyone else- just means the embryo that stuck split in utero. Crazy! So she went to show us the heartbeats and measure them, but could only find one this time. She said either her eyes were playing tricks on her and there really is only one in there or... Baby B moved directly behind Baby A and we just can't see it anymore.

So the big question is... do we have one or two? We won't know the answer to that now until next Tuesday at noon. Either way, we are absolutely thrilled to have at least one healthy. thriving baby in there! It's measuring right on track at 6weeks 1 day and heartbeat is 115bpm- perfect for where I am. Here's our lovely photo souvenier. It's hard to see, but the blob at the bottom of the black circle between the plus signs- that's the baby or at least one of them :).

I can start light exercise again so that's great! (I walked home home work at a faster pace today). There are a few prenatal classes at my gym that I want to try and I'll definitely keep up with yoga!

I also told my boss I'm pregnant today. He's going to find out anyway so I thought it would be good to tell him for a few reasons:
1.) I have been starting to feel nauseous off and on, so if I call in sick or leave early, he'll know what's up
2.) I'm in the most volatile industry right now and if I can avoid the chopping block for the next round of cuts, that would be great! I've been waking up the last few nights freaking out about what if something happens to my job. Imagine me and Jeremy both unemployed with a baby (or babies) on the way!

So to alleviate some of my stress about that I told him. He assures me that my job is not in jeopardy, that I'm definitely secure because my department is a growth area for the company... and he is very supportive of pregnant employees (he's a father of 2). Plus now I've "secured my job even more"... (said in playful way). So hopefully I will be able to sleep better. I swore him to secrecy because I'm not "coming out" at work for probably another month.

So today has been a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congradulations! Can't wait to find out if there's more than one in there or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurry up tuesday!!!! we can't wait to hear :)

    ReplyDelete