I think I am paying for my feeling great day yesterday. I have been absolutely exhausted all day from the moment I got out of bed til right now. I swear after lunch if I would've closed my eyes longer than a blink I would've fallen asleep right at my desk sitting up. I took a nap when I got home from work and am ready to go to bed now. But I'm not complaining. I'll take anything this baby wants to throw at me. At least when I feel like this it's telling me it's in there and growing, right?
OK, I realize it's still really early, but I've always wanted to do a water birth with limited or no drugs. Call me crazy, I know. I stayed in tonight and did some research on midwives, water births, and alternative birthing centers. I realized that my OB/Gyn (who obviously I haven't seen since we got pregnant as I'm still with the RE) is affiliated with a water birthing center that's right in the hospital. So I'd get the best of both worlds. Water birth that's in a hospital in the horrible event something goes awry. So now I'm really excited about this! And they are "friendly" to midwives and/or doulas if you decide to go that route and bring one with you. I'm really thinking about hiring a doula. Doulas are like your "cheerleader" and can help you make informed decisions throughout the labor process. I like that idea and feel like that would take some stress out of it. I don't know what they charge though, so I'll still have to look into this more. But I've got lots of time to figure all that out.
I also asked my HR rep today about our maternity leave policy (and swore her to secrecy too). She thinks that I'd have 6 weeks off paid for a natural birth and 8 weeks for a c-section, but is checking into it for sure. Any time after that would be unpaid. I will take at least 3 months though. Well I'd like to take the whole first year off, but being as Jeremy hasn't found anything yet, pretty sure that option is completely off the table. Boo. I hope he finds something soon.
OK, going to watch Marley & Me but probably will fall asleep 15 minutes into it.
3 1/2 days until the ultrasound. Jeremy gets to come with me for this one. Fingers crossed the baby(ies) are doing what they should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment