Tuesday, September 8, 2009

22 weeks and hopefully getting back to normal schedule...

So I am officially 22 weeks as of yesterday. Yay! I'll post an update on that at the end of this post. I know I've been slacking on the posting. As most of you know Jeremy was out of town for the last 9 days working on a freelance project (thank God he comes home today!!), leaving me home to continue organizing the house and taking care of the doggies while commuting an extra 45 mins-hour each way (via bus then L train) to work. So needless to say I haven't had a ton of time for posting, but I'm hoping to get back into a regular routine. I definitely have to post a new bump picture. I'm huge! (or at least I feel that way!).



The house is coming along. We're living in the basement bedroom because Jeremy, Steve and Ron are putting in our hardwood floors the weekend on 9/26. We've shoved all of our furniture and other items either in the basement or the 4th level because there was no need to move the stuff in the rooms and then have to move them again when we put in the floors. So we're definitely living in chaos. I can't wait to get those floors in so we can move into our "real" bedroom and use the room we're in as a guest bedroom. We're putting up paint this week too. I picked out some awesome colors this weekend I hope that Jeremy likes as much as I do. I went with an olive green for the living/dining rooms, a really light smokey pink for the baby's room (not the cliche cotton candy, it's a muted pink-grey with a hint of brown very pretty), and a smokey mauve for our bedroom (I must be in a smokey mood...).


Oh and I ordered the baby's furniture this weekend. So cute. It's white. We're going with a color scheme of white, black (chalkboard paint on one wall), light pink (the other walls), dark pink and lime green. I am going by a baby blanket I bought for inspiration to decorate around it. Here's the baby furniture:





And here's the baby blanket we'll be designing the room around:


Ok now for the 22 week update...

How your baby's growing:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

How your life's changing:
At this point, you may find your belly becoming a hand magnet. It's perfectly okay to tell folks who touch your tummy that you'd rather they didn't. And if people are telling you that you look smaller or bigger than you should at this point, remember that each woman grows — and shows — at her own rate. What's important is that you see your practitioner for regular visits so she can make sure your baby's growth is on track.You may start to notice stretch marks on your abdomen as it expands to accommodate your growing baby. At least half of all pregnant women will develop stretch marks by the time they give birth. These small streaks of differently textured skin can range from pink to dark brown (depending on your skin color). Although they most commonly appear on your tummy, stretch marks may also show up on your buttocks, thighs, hips, and breasts. There's no proof that lotion helps prevent stretch marks, but keeping your skin moisturized may help with any itching.

No comments:

Post a Comment