Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Real Estate + Hormones= bad combo
OK, I have learned that dealing with douche bag real estate people is not something a hormonal pregnant woman should do... the sellers and agent of 1515 house are being ridiculous and I am ready to tell them where to stick their house. :) We had our inspection last Friday, and structurally, it's a solid house. But there are some immediate safety issues to be concerned about. We're not asking for any credits for anything cosmetic, just stuff that would have been working properly in the first place... The biggest concern= the windows in the first floor family room don't open. That's a huge fire safety issue- if there's a fire and we need to get out, we wouldn't be able to get out the windows. Then, the electric box is jerry-rigged with way too much going into it- it's over it's capacity and could potentially start on fire. Needs to be replaced. (did I mention it's by the windows that won't open??) The gas line connected to the water heater uses galvanized pipe- apparently another fire hazard, and there's no sediment trap. And the bathroom outlets are pretty much the originals from 1955- not GFCI, which means is they come in contact with water they could cause electrocution. Fun. Anyway, long story short, we've asked fro $4,100 in credits to fix this safety stuff- all of which are very reasonable requests. They're basically telling us to go fuck ourselves and that we're buying the place as-is. I HATE REAL ESTATE! Needless to say I am making Jeremy deal with our agent and stuff because I am so hormonal that I can't make rational decisions or have a rational conversation about it because I get so upset. Ugh. Every dollar that we have to put into that place comes out of my maternity leave fund which I need because I get paid about 25% of my weekly income for Short Term disability benefits for 4 weeks and then absolutely nothing for the remaining 8 weeks. OK now I am getting upset thinking about this stuff so I'm done with this post. This whole situation is just so frustrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment